Homeowners Insurance and Your Trust

Do You Have a Home that has been Titled into your Trust?

If you have a home that has had the title or deed changed to your trust’s name, then it is recommended that you inform your insurance agent of this fact.

Some insurance companies require that you inform them that you have titled your home into trust in order to ensure proper coverage. Some insurers will not recognize your trust as being “insured” under the policy unless it is listed as an additional named insured.

Failure to inform your homeowner’s insurance company may result in coverage issues. For the most part, if the named insured is the same as the trustee there shouldn’t be a problem, but no one needs to battle their insurance company for coverage if there is a claim. It’s always better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

Call For Your
Free  Consultation*

Call Elder Law Services of California today at
 (800) 403-6078
to schedule a FREE Consultation
with one of our expert lawyers.

* Please Note: Limit of 1 free consultation per individual/family.

Related Questions
  • Is it a good idea to put my house in a trust?
  • Do I need an umbrella policy if I have a trust?
  • How can I be sure my trust-owned home is insured?
  • How to I use insurance to protect assets in my trust?
  • Do I need homeowner’s insurance for estate property?
Skip to content